POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification : Re: Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification
From: bob h
Date: 8 Dec 2001 02:39:40
Message: <3c11c3bc@news.povray.org>
"Coridon Henshaw" <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...

> c:\temp\beta8fix.inc is the path to the workaround file.  Note that this
> include_header reference in povray.ini didn't get transfered into
> current.ini even though the last render I executed was the isosurface bug
> test you posted earlier.

Yes, that's what I get here.  Made the search for "Include_Header" too just
before I saw yours.  That renderer\rerun\current.ini  sure seems the cause
alright.  You can remove the output path to it by editing the
ini\pvengine.ini file where it says:

[Permitted Output Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%\Renderer\ReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%\Insert Menu

Change it to:

[Permitted Output Paths]
1=
;%INSTALLDIR%\Renderer\ReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%\Insert Menu

A rerun00.ini file is created still but POV does render without crashing
now.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}